Toni and I explored this rather large compound, with the castle, the living quarters of the king, and the lower castle areas with a river and a park. There was a beautiful traditional Okinawan dance troupe displaying their talents at the castle grounds.
September 05, 2010
Day Trip to Shuri Castle
Shuri Castle is a cultural treasure of Okinawa, and was painstakenly rebuilt after WWII. It was a major strongpoint of the Japanese Army, and had to be destroyed during the invasion to win the battle of Okinawa.
Toni and I explored this rather large compound, with the castle, the living quarters of the king, and the lower castle areas with a river and a park. There was a beautiful traditional Okinawan dance troupe displaying their talents at the castle grounds.
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
Toni and I explored this rather large compound, with the castle, the living quarters of the king, and the lower castle areas with a river and a park. There was a beautiful traditional Okinawan dance troupe displaying their talents at the castle grounds.