August 06, 2009

Okinawa!

August 2009:

I arrived in Okinawa about 22 hours after departing Atlanta, flying Northwest Airlines non-stop to Tokyo. Did I score or what: three seats all to myself, so I could lay down, with free television & movies. NWA FTW (for the win)!

Toni gave me the task of finding a suitable nest to live out in town, and I found a cute little Mediterranean three-bedroom single-unit home near the ocean (actually, the East China Sea). It's about a block from the seawall where there is beautiful underwater coral reef, with walk-out scuba and snorkeling. There's a little park across the street, which is perfect to play with the dogs, and a larger park with baseball, gym equipment and a skateboard park.

The advantage to living out in town or many, with the biggest just to enjoy the Okinawan people and culture. Secondly, it's just nice living near the things you enjoy, like the boardwalk and the snorkeling.

The seawall boardwalk goes for miles to the South and is a pleasant evening stroll at sunset...

If you're in the neighborhood, feel free to stay a few nights!

Sayonara,
Matt













The "Mojo Car" -- a 1997 Daihatsu Pyzar. Don't you wish your car was hot like mine? Sweet Moon Eyes rims, custom bought for this bodacious ride...


Sunset at the Sunabe Seawall
Locations of visitors to this page